Sunday, April 3, 2011

Pollyanna Episode 9 released!

"I reckon maybe, if you don't mind, I'd like to fix your hair just a little before I let you see it," she proposed. "May I fix your hair, please?"

"Why, I—suppose so, if you want to," permitted Mrs. Snow, grudgingly; "but 'twon't stay, you know."

"Oh, thank you. I love to fix people's hair," exulted Pollyanna, carefully laying down the hand-glass and reaching for a comb. "I sha'n't do much to-day, of course—I'm in such a hurry for you to see how pretty you are; but some day I'm going to take it all down and have a perfectly lovely time with it," she cried, touching with soft fingers the waving hair above the sick woman's forehead.

For five minutes Pollyanna worked swiftly, deftly, combing a refractory curl into fluffiness, perking up a drooping ruffle at the neck, or shaking a pillow into plumpness so that the head might have a better pose. Meanwhile the sick woman, frowning prodigiously, and openly scoffing at the whole procedure, was, in spite of herself, beginning to tingle with a feeling perilously near to excitement.


- Pollyanna, Chapter 8





In this episode, Pollyanna meets Mrs. Snow, the town's cynical and bedridden resident.  How do you play the Glad Game when you're bedridden and ill? This episode begins to attempt to answer that question.

You can obtain this episode from your standard anime torrent indexing sites.

As a reminder, we are recruiting for translators.  If you want to contribute your skills to us, please see the link up on the top of the page for details.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful heartwarming WMT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for translating this anime
    I was so happy when I found out that your next project is Pollyanna ^___^

    I watched it in Arabic when I was a child and it was my favorit anime. I loved it since then ^_^

    I was hoping to see it in japanese language with eng sub..so I'm glad to see it being subbed now..

    Thanks a lot !!



    -blossom-

    ReplyDelete