Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Recruiting Translators

Let me emphasize that even if we are unable to recruit translators, we will still continue to work on the series that we have active right now.  We have the resources to continue as is.  Comments are locked in this post because I would like potential candidates to not contact me through here.

Licca Fansubs is recruiting translators.

As everyone knows, Licca Fansubs is an extremely small group.  I feel that this would be a good time to begin recruiting people, in particular translators, so we can potentially expand on the number of series that we can do.

We are looking in particular for Japanese to English translators.  We do have A Dog of Flanders and Pastel Yumi as projects if you would like to take those on, plus a few of the Licca-chan OVAs.  If you don't want to do those series and want to do another WMT or mahou shoujo series, we can probably accommodate that as long as it's not being done by another fansubbing group or is licensed in the United States, and if I can easily get the raws either through importing or download. (As the encoder, I personally prefer to have the raws imported so I can get the best quality source material to start out with.)

I will, of course, test all translators on their proficiency level.  This is a volunteer position.

If you are proficient in another language other than Japanese, we may consider that on a case-by-case basis.

The best way to contact me is through IRC; our channel is listed in the sidebar.  Note that we're on ChatSpike, not on Rizon.  I tend to not check our e-mail address that often, so use that only if you can't get on IRC.  I'm usually at my computer around 6pm to 12am, GMT -6.

We are also looking for other positions as well.  However, I will not be accepting people for those positions until I can find translators first.

Let me reemphasize that even if we are unable to recruit translators, we will still continue to work on the series that we have active right now.  There is no obligation to help us; we are here to serve you.  Personally, I can understand why people are reluctant to participate in fansubbing, and I respect that.