Monday, March 28, 2011

On hiatus until 4/1

My encoding computer has had a hard drive fail on me.  Luckily, it was my system drive and none of the data drives where all the scripts/raws/translations were located.

However, due to my work schedule, I will not have time to pick up another drive to replace the failed drive and to reinstall the OS and encoding software until later this week.  Because of this, Licca Fansubs will be on hiatus until April 1st.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

I will be able to respond to e-mails and update the blog as needed, as my MacBook is not affected.

UPDATE 1 3/29/11 8:00pm: I just bought an SSD to replace the drive.  Trying to reinstall Windows 7 now; this will take a while.

UPDATE 2 3/29/11 11:45pm: Windows 7 is installed, all updates have been applied, the computer is mostly secure, and a good portion of the encoding software is installed.  I can probably now make master raws, but not final encodes at this time.  I'll deal with it tomorrow as it is getting rather late.

UPDATE 3 3/30/11 8:00pm: Another portion of the encoding software is installed and the settings fixed to what they should be.  I can now do XviD encodes.

UPDATE 4 3/31/11 10:45pm: Almost fully operational; we should be off hiatus tomorrow.

2 comments: