Saturday, August 10, 2013

My Annette Episode 48 released!

Lucien turned away, because there were tears in his eyes. He had been honored above everybody--his sin was forgiven and forgotten forever--Dani could walk just as though he had never fallen.

As Lucien turned he noticed that the almond tree on the platform had burst into flower at the top. Yesterday there was nothing but its bare branches; but spring had proved too strong for it, and straight from the bare wood had come the starry pink blossoms.

The winter was over and gone, the flowers had come to the north--and the birds had begun their singing.

- Treasures of the Snow, Chapter 26




The final episode pretty much neatly wraps up the story.  Everything in Rossiniere is back the way it is now that Dani's leg is completely healed.  Everyone is now contemplating their future lives, as if the accident had never occurred.

As per my usual practice, I would like to make some concluding remarks.

This project has been one of the most difficult projects we have ever worked on.  Between my having health problems throughout a substantial portion of this project, staff scheduling, and the sheer emotional strength of the storyline and the faithfulness of its presentation, progress on this project was very slow and difficult.  As I mentioned in my introductory post on this series, even though the series is adapted from a primarily Christian novel, the lessons that we can take away from the series of forgiveness and patience are lessons that all faiths and creeds teach.

I would like to personally thank everyone who have assisted us in making this project possible.  Again, the sheer number of folks that have contributed to this project in some way or fashion is too numerous to count.  It didn't matter what kind of obscure material that we needed help on, such as German language translation, or obscure Biblical references, someone stepped up and made this project better in the end.

I would also like to thank all of our supporters for sticking with us thick and thin, and it is for you all that we finally finish this series.  The series was definitely difficult to work with, but it was all well worth it in the end, for the storyline and for everyone who wanted this series to be subbed.

24 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Licca Fansubs! I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Here I was thinking it was awesome to see 3 episodes posted on the same day, then I come back and you guys finished the darn thing! Congratulations Licca, another WMT completed. I haven't started this yes but it was one that I'm highly looking forward to.

    Also, hope your health keeps improving, that and real life matters are the most important of course. And again thanks for bringing My Annette into the light, I'll be watching it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks graet licca please pleasemy dear continue Lucy of the Southern Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Guys Rock, thanka a lot for finishing this project

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all your hard work. I enjoyed watching from start to end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. The batch torrent will be out in a couple of days.

      Delete
    2. Awesome, thanks. At 13:11 in episode 3, there's the line "We should be more worried about her being hungry after not having ate for so long." This should of course be "having eaten".
      Also, the line two lines before it says "we aren't in that big of a hurry". "That big a hurry" (or "that much of a hurry") is the better phrasing. It's not that big a mistake; it's more of a style issue.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for completing this. I think I have a fair bit of watching to do over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you ever so much for completing another World Masterpiece theater series! I've really enjoyed watching this series and am happy to see such a happy ending!

    I had a question regarding the book this show is based on, how is it compared to the anime? Would it be worth it to read after already having seen this show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The anime adaptation follows the book fairly well, although they do take a few liberties throughout the series. They really expanded the last couple of chapters into about 8 episodes.

      I will warn you that the novel has a very heavy Christian bias, which was toned down quite a bit for the anime adaptation.

      Delete
    2. Alright thank you for your reply, if the anime expanded the story I guess I'll pass on the book this time. I always enjoy reading the books which the series your group subs are based on. But I wasn't too sure about this one as I felt like the anime seemed pretty complete as it was. ;)

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday Licca-(Team)! Thank you for the splendid presents. I can´t put it in words how much means this old school animes means to me in my daily life. I would be happy if the young generations could watch all this timeless series with their virtues and messages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks thanks licca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you for bringing this to us ;___________; Sometimes I just want to scream at both Annette (hah, my middle name is Anette) and Lucien and sometimes I just weep and it's wonderful ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks U so much for completing the all episodes and also I hope U may also finish the series to Little Women 2 (5 more episode to go).

    ReplyDelete
  13. as download? where are the torrents?

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello licca now that my annette is finished could you take Watashi to Watashi: Futari no Lotte ?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=2003

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one does look interesting. Same story as The Parent Trap, of course. Always preferred the 1961 version to the later one with Lindsay Lohan. Never a fan of hers. I think Licca still has a number of unfinished projects to wrap up, so mightn't be interested in taking on another just yet. I'd like to see Shoukoushi Cedie done sometime, too.

      Delete
  15. thankyou very much licca please continue Lucy of the Southern Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello licca could you take on of this two movies on project ?
    oshin http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=1683
    and the life of guskou budori ?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=4427

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! Seriously, what a amazing work you did!

    ReplyDelete