Monday, February 17, 2020

Idol Densetsu Eriko and Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure are done

Hey, everyone! Webbmaster62 of KiteSeekers wanted me to post something on my site since we have released the last episode of Idol Densetsu Eriko, and so that's why I'm posting here today.

If you watched the last episode of Idol Densetsu Eriko, you'll see a very short tribute in the end for Freekie, who was the timer for KiteSeekers that worked on most of the series.  He passed away three years ago due to cancer, and I'm happy that his work got to see the light of day.

Also, several months ago, Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure was also completed.  That took a monumental push to get the last few episodes done, especially the last one.  It's kind of ironic that both series had final episodes that were loaded with songs.

With that, I am announcing the closure of Licca Fansubs; Idol Densetsu Eriko is going to be the last series we finish.  Any future fansubbing work I personally do will be with other groups, and it will be rather minimal at most, due to my repetitive motion injuries.

It is not a well known fact, but for a lot of its history, Licca Fansubs was a one-person operation.  There were stretches where I was able to get help (thank you to TheDeath for supplying storage space years ago, Hoshikuzu for timing a lot of the WMT series that were done here, and the translator that worked on Jo's Boys), and without all that help and the folks from Wasurenai and KiteSeekers, we would not have been able to release so many stories for everyone to enjoy.

Also, I am not going to mention names or groups, but I'd also like to dedicate this day to both the fansubbing group and the scanslating group where I personally got my start over 15 years ago.  They're the reason why I have the skills to translate anime and manga, and these skills has lead my path in life to so many rich rewards and relationships today.


10 comments:

  1. As your fellow Anime fansubber (I hope you still have your genlock Deltascan and your laserdiscs) I thank you for a journey well traveled. We will enjoy your and your friends legacy and I congratulate you for a thankless work well done.
    I wish all your future projects and endeavors become as you want them. Endings are a beautiful thing and I hope you can sit down and enjoy the many projects I will release in the future. Thanks for your contribution to the fansubs scene before it dies. Anime Classic for life!!! 1970-80's anime was the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for all the shows you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This touched my heart just like Eriko

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all you did up until now and good luck with your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all your work, btw do you have the scripts for Princess Sara? Can you provide them if you do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your work those last years. I'll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello I’m french fan i Want make Eriko , can i have éventually Your Kara for this anime ? Thanks a lot for this beautiful anime 😍❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to see the site go, but I'm glad we got to communicate and get to know you for so many years. Best of luck in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, I see in your blog that this will be indeed your final project.

    I want to say Thank You so much for all the hardwork that went through this. While it's a shame to see another fansub veteran will be gone, your work and memories of this project and others will never ever be forgotten. I and among others are eternally grateful to have another classic work being available in BD and with English Subs.

    Same with works like Oniisama e..., Cat's Eye, Lupin Part 1 and 2, Versailles no Bara, Magical Angel Creamy Mami, Ashita no Joe etc. These classic 80s, 90s BD that rarely have English Subs, let alone companies willing to license them. It'll be years or even decades if any company is willing to pick this up.

    Though at least things are starting to change with Gundam and Macross BD's having English Subs and we did eventually got Ginga BD's despite being massively overprice.

    I hope everything will be alright with your injuries and all. I asked about potential Full Moon wo Sagashite release, but I guess we'll have to wait for the BD's and other groups willing to do it someday.

    In any case, you deserve this break! I hope you keep the site for future preservations. Would love to visit some of the old blogpost for changes and summary :D

    Thanks again and good luck in your future endeavors!

    ReplyDelete